I have been following along with Ali Edwards One little word project ever since she started it. Each year I choose a word and it plays through my mind throughout the year.
I have always had an attitude that it's about being more aware and about inviting that word into your life. Every year my word finds me.
This year is no different. I am walking the one little word journey again and I am completing Ali's class. It's just one prompt a month and with the February prompt hitting my inbox last night I figured I had better get January done and dusted.
Not that I hadn't been thinking about it. I had.
I had written stuff.
I just hadn't committed it to paper.
So while the girls slept in front of the Sound of Music ( big week I love friday nights ) - I worked on my January prompt.
My word this year is Colour.
1. Crayon Roll Rainbow, 2. colors and harts in my maid !!, 3. experiment in colour, 4. New inspiration: Classic Chair in Vibrant Colors, 5. The Color of my Love, 6. Umbrella, 7. Strawberries, 8. Bokeh II, 9. christmas light bokeh
It wasn't going to be. It could have easily been so many other things - life believe faith hope strength courage - there is a long list that fits.
Originally I chose Happy and it sat with me for such a long time I thought it was it.
Be happy - find the happy - look for happy. I like the word happy- I try to stay happy.
But when I went searching for my quote I came across this.
Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life;
not so much by what happens to you
as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
Circumstances and situations do colour life
but you have been given the mind to choose
what the colour shall be.
And suddenly happy no longer worked - but colour did.
When I looked at definitions and checked the thesaurus - all the words that I wanted to embrace through this year came pouring through.
Its almost impossible to get a decent photo of the pages while in protectors so I'll put the details here instead.
colour — n
an attribute of things that results from the light they reflect
Life is Colour and Warmth and Light and a striving evermore for these
It couldn't be more perfect really.
From the thesaurus - colour
and through the word colour I invite
I will be striving for life and colour and warmth.
Are you playing along ? I'd love to see.
- I tried not to get too hung up on the fact that I didn't have the right album or the cardstock I wanted or the right page protectors.
- I bought a fabric folder from office works - its a 8.5 x 11 $7 and a package of white cardstock to run through my printer. I am using some of my PL page protectors cut down - but I really do need to buy a packet from somewhere - any hints????
- I opened up my $2 kmart pens and took a deep breathe about writing - because I much prefer to type my journalling. Most of this project is hand written - eeek I can do this.
- My photo was taken earlier in January with my phone and I just printed it with my canon selphy and added it to the front.
- I used this cute litle tutorial by Amy Tangerine to make my colour title page :)