Katrina from Windsor Deli in Melbourne and Mish Lilley who is working on a series of her own cookbooks - came up with the idea of this challenge once a fortnight or to take a seasonal fresh ingredient and put your spin on it.
It's been some time since I joined in so I loved seeing this ingredient - and then the whole Mum and chef took on a different turn for us when Talia announced she wanted to make the recipe.
So she became the chef :)
I have to say it's not gourmet in anyway but it's yummy and a great whip up dish - perfect for a rushed week night and good in lunches the next day too
Chicken and Vegetable Cheesy Pasta
- 200gm mushrooms sliced
- onion diced
- 1 BBQ chicken remove skin and bones and break into bite sized pieces
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 375 gm bow tie pasta
1. Put the water on to boil for your pasta
2. In a saucepan melt the butter
3. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened
4. Mix in the flour and leave on heat until bubbling stirring well.
5. Add the milk small amounts at a time stirring well to create a white sauce.
6. Add in the broccoli and chicken and allow to simmer
7. Drain your pasta and mix the sauce through - add the grated cheese and halved cherry tomatoes.
Here is my little chef - we adapted a recipe we found on SFI
Chopping the tomatoes - NO IDEA why she was using a bread and butter knife LOL
YUM - and yep eating dinner on the couch in front of masterchef - it's not good for our family dinner time :)
Check out some of the other Mum and Chefs too
- Katrina Higham
- Michelle McKinnon
- Mish Lilley
- Gourmet Girlfriend
- Ani - Food Glorious Food
- Tammy James
Thanks Katrina and Mish for another great challenge :)