We have had a bit of a mutiny in our house when it comes to breakfast. Since I have started work again I am flat out getting myself out the door so Richard gets the girls happening - and on the days I don't work well honestly I stay in bed - so Richard is still in charge. The girls leave by 7.20 each day so it's kind of hectic.
AGGH How cute are these egg cups? I so have to get some cute ones - we have boring plastic ones that aren't even nice colours.
Before clean eating breakkie was usually a bowl of cereal which was simple but now we are more concious of what's in things most cereal doesn't cut it.
That being said
Carmen's Fruit Free muesli is yummy - Here is the list of what's in it
Wholegrain rolled oats, nuts 10% (almonds, hazelnuts, pecans), honey, sunflower seeds, sunflower oil, sesame seeds, cinnamon. ( YAY words I know! ) - Check out the details here
In comparison to say Special K which we used to eat most days
Cereals (62%)(rice, wheat), wheat gluten, sugar, wheat flour, minerals (calcium carbonate, iron, zinc oxide), salt, barley malt extract, vitamins (niacin, vitamin B6, riboflavin, thiamin, folate).
So the girls have been complaining there's nothing for breakfast. I have written a list that we have placed on the fridge now they can choose happily from the list and hopefully the call of there is nothing for breakfast will be banished.
- Muesli with yoghurt
- Porridge with honey
- Fresh fruit and yoghurt
- Toast with peanut butter or almond butter and banana
- Toast with avocado and tomato
- Fruit smoothie ( takes seconds to throw in the processor - banana or berries, milk, protein powder (optional) splash of honey dollop of yoghurt
- Boiled egg and toast
- Scrambled eggs
- Poached eggs
- Fried eggs in toast - cut a hole out of the bread - circle - crack an egg into the middle of it and pan fry
- Omelette with tomato and mushrooms
- French toast - slice of bread dipped in beaten egg - fried with some cooked banana and a splash of organic maple syrup
Have you got any awesome breakkie ideas to share that I can add to my list ?
This is our last post in our Happy Lunch series - I do hope you have enjoyed it and have lots of great ideas - No doubt at the start of next year we will revisit this topic :)