Ali Edwards often writes a ten things write now style blog post about her children. I thought that might be a nice way to document where they are at right now. I've been a little lapsed in taking notes.
I snapped this shot tonight just before we headed out to our neighbours - who have just sold and are leaving us ( sob!) for dinner.
I have had this mirror hung here for a while and only just realised how perfect it is for getting a photo of us together - Next time I will make Richard join us! Mostly I didn't think the girls look like me - but in this shot you can tell they are my daughters :)
- You are all about eating right at the moment. Your favourite meal is lettuce cups filled with chicken and salad and you ask if we can have them every other night
- You are desperate for a pair of doc martens. I have said no way. You think I am the meanest mumma in the world.
- You are trying really hard at touch football. A few weeks back you were captain for the day and I was so proud of how seriously you took your role.
- You have finally worked out how to do a french braid - which impresses me no end because I can't do one on you let alone one on myself. You are yet however to volunteer to do your sisters hair.
- You have been unwell with tonsillitis this last week. You are a little trooper though and you don't let it get to you. You find it hard to swallow pills but have talked your Daddy into squishing them up and mixing them into yoghurt for you.
- You are obsessed with you tube and love to watch cupcake wars and all manner of cookie and cake decorating diys.
- You were quite disappointed to learn that your friends birthday party was on the same day as the last day of guide camp. I was so proud of how you accepted the responsibility of being a patrol leader and said you would miss the party. Lucky you don't have to and we can pick you up a little early and get you there in time.
- We are heading into your favourite time of year and it's all about the organsing and creating for you. I keep finding lists of ideas around the house of things you want to make and recipes you want to try. This week it's all about homemade chocolates.
- You have been very focused on completing 30 points for you matrix tasks for assessment. Every weekend it's all about getting your work done. I love that you both use your creative talents in your academic pursuits. There has been plenty of glitter and paint flowing lately.
- You have received a crazy number of awards the last few weeks with colours in Maths Science English Strings and Choir. I love watching you walk across the stage. Lucky the awards ceremonies have been on Wednesdays when I don't work.
- You both have such caring hearts. Despite both of you being sick you have tried so hard to look after me to save Daddy from having to do everything. Sofia you always run to get me water and my medicine and you make sure that I don't need anything - that I'm not too hot or too cold. Talia you took it upon yourself to make dinner two nights this week. We are so lucky to have been blessed with you both.
These ordinary days and moments are the things that matter. I can't believe how quickly time passes and that in a few weeks the girls turn 11.