YAY at the end of the catch up.
We had Ma and Pa for dinner for Easter and the girls cooked. Talia made her first creme brûlée which she served with fresh figs. It was a real hit and she says she has found her new signature dish. Ma and i spent some time this week looking at a children’s book she has written and I am going to turn it into an electronic book that can be purchased on line. She has done all the illustrations. I spent some more time with Aunty Leonie and her crochet lessons. The girls made play doh and went to visit with Hannah from school for a play date. They made a chocolate marble cake with a crazy amount of food colouring for icing. Less is not more for them.
- Lunch with Paul and Rhonda at a gorgeous organic cafe filled with lovely nic nacs
- Friday night crafting with the girls making air dry and shapes for our glitter tree
- Waiting for the Miss Manners workshop to begin at the Vintage Fair in Brisbane
- I finished my first real crochet project using a pattern called Not Your Grandmas Doily - cool name cool project
- Photo Booth Fun at Vintage Love
- A trip to Brisbane is not the same without a stop at Sweetopia for yummy cupcakes and coffee
Dinner Party + Girls
When I posted on facebook last week about Talia making Creme Brûlée, Mel was quick to say wow those girls of yours should cook a dinner party for us. I asked them and they jumped at the chance. There was much discussion through the week and a bit of planning about the styling of the event and they menu. It was decide they wanted a flea market style theme. Glass jars with coloured water and floating candles and pretty flowers and lace doilies. We even pulled out Ma’s special dinner set that was made in the 1930’s and teamed it with another flowery one that I have. The night was so lovely and the girls were very focused and professional. Everyone really enjoyed themselves and there is talk of doing it again. No one wants it to be at their place though and Natalie has decided that the girls should come and live with her. Maybe we will consider another one in the June holidays.
Birthday + Paul
This week we celebrated Paul’s 62nd birthday. Time just keeps moving I remember his 49th birthday. Not much has changed he still is happy to get a box of chocolates. He is getting harder and harder to buy for. This year we gave him a hand massage and heat machine thingy and a red vest for work. We had dinner at the Bevan's. Rhonda set the table beautifully and Tomos managed to stay awake through the whole meal - just. He is doing some serious training at the moment and had his first session of cross fit so was super tired. The girls were in charge of bringing the dessert aka cake. He requested a flourless chocolate cake. Sofia made it and decorated with a chocolate ganache and fresh raspberries. They really wanted sparklers too but he only wanted candles much to their horror. It was a lovely night and the dessert was delicious finished off with Talia’s raspberry coulis.Tomorrow I'll share this weeks completed pages. Fingers crossed I don't get behind again.
- Mischief would have to be the most spoilt cat in the universe with Ninja coming in a close second
- I'm excited to be back with a blogging schedule and making plans for more collaborations
- The Color run was cancelled due to the crazy amount of rain we have had. It's rescheduled for June.
- I love that the girls wanted to sit with us for our dinner. I thought they would get bored but no they loved every second.
- Niggling ongoing pain and a long day of waiting for bloods to see if there is infection
- I love that the Bevan's asked the girls to make dessert for Paul's birthday. Raspberries are nearly $7.00 a punnet at the moment.
I'll be back tomorrow with this weeks pages :)