Strawberries at the farmers markets are around $6 a kilo. I can't resist buying them every time I see them. They look and taste so good.
My husband is an ice cream fanatic. His meal isn't complete unless he had had a bowl of icecream. So I knew that I had to get onto working out how to make a clean version very quickly.
So I have - here is my sugar free, dairy free, clean eating totally delicious icecream recipe
- 500gms strawberries hulled and chopped
- 2 tblspns honey
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400ml skim milk (can substitute for almond, rice, oat milk)
- Place the strawberries and honey in a bowl and mash until lightly crushed.
- Mix through the coconut milk and skim milk.
- Mash again. If you would like a less chunky amount of berries then use a stick blender to blend until you liek the consitancy. I like mine still quite chunky.
- Pour into ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions.
If you don't have an ice cream maker - pour into a container and place in the freezer. After an hour mix it again and refreeze. Repeat. The more you do this the more creamy and less icy it will be.
Optional - add in 75 grams of chopped dark chocolate after you have churned it.
Makes about I.4 litres - 10 serves
Nutritional Good Points - This is low in Sodium, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a very good source of Vitamin C and Manganese.
Disclaimer - Nutritional info provided is to be used as a guide only. The calculations are based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and utilize statistical averages. Nutrition may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients, substitutions etc.