Thanks to all my lovely bloggy friends I have some great guest crafty posts lined up to keep us creative - and keep my buzzing a bit too :) - welcoming the lovely Lou
Hi everyone :)
I'm Lou Spiden, an avid follower of Tamar's blog for ages, and I'm jumping in today to post some tips on making quick and easy cards! None of it is anything 'exciting' but just a few tips if you are new into card-making or just looking for some inspiration for some quick and easy tips! Pretty much all of the tip apply to scrapbooking too!
TOP 10 TIPS:
- 1. CASE (Copy And Steal Everything) ........ if your short on time, inspiration or just draw a blank when you go to create - simple - COPY someone else! It doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same, in fact, every time I CASE someone elses work, it turns out a little (or a lot) different. (All the projects below are CASE'd!) *Always credit the original artist, especially if you are sharing pictures on a blog etc. Check out Two Peas in a Bucket or Split Coast Stampers for TONS of inspiration!
- 2. Bookmark, save pictures or add photos to Pinterest!
'Thinking of you....' - cased from HERE.
- 3. Google Images is your friend - search a 'theme' or the name of a product or stamp set you have and you will find a bunch of things that will get you started.
- 4. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid! Every card doesn't have to take HOURS - simplify, make single layer cards, use a design you can make multiples of at one time.
- 5. Try a new colour combo. I used Stampin' Up's Colour Wheel for this project (Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Basic Gray) - but you could get various looks by using tone-on-tone or other combinations. Try Design Seeds for some interesting colour combinations.
- 6. If you have problems with placement or design try a sketch from HERE.
The thank you card below has been cased from HERE.
- 7. Stick to one/two stamp sets and a few supplies - I find the more 'stuff' I get out and the more mess I make, the less creative I am and the more time I waste. (Plus, I hate the cleaning up part!)
- 8. TIME - turn off the computer - seriously this is where I waste all my creative time!
- 9. Make 'sets' - while you have all the supplies out create multiples of the same card (change the sentiments) or just use the same supplies to make a matching set. Use your scraps!
- 10. ENJOY - it's meant to be fun. It doesn't have to be perfect - on every one of my cards here I am not 100% happy with everything but I need to get over it and move on - I'm sure the person who receives the card won't notice! We are always too critical of ourselves :)