what the saying is - but something about losing a pound and finding a penny?
That was my day
Returned to school today - no secret I wasn't keen
Had a heap of interviews booked with students who had failed year 11 and had to have the talk about what they were going to do
- wasn't looking forward to it teenagers - can be tricky
But all interviews were good - Kids keen to make a change parents so supportive and appreciative of the intervention - as each one Ieft I thought this is a cool job - something not fun turned into something to be grateful for -
work PC broken - like dead broken IT guys hmmm cant fix it - maybe next week - - phone calls and screw drivers bits pulled off and things stuck in - ok maybe tomorrow he announces at 2.30 - we started this my PC doesnt work at 8.30 lol but the New registrar is organising a new screen for me - bad ergonomics apparently is the source of my neck issues late last year - YAY for workplace health and safety - he told me that I had no idea :)
Tarisota - new Limited Edition up in about 2 hrs check it out here soon LOL
*** edited at 12.30 pm :) to say we are now loaded and on sale :) A scrapping organiser -designed by Tracy Wyldman ***
This time 13 years ago I was dancing at my wedding reception . Hard to believe 13 years - we talked about it - the last two have been the hardest with the girls and the business and work. I believe you need hard to know good and to appreciate good - Okay - we know and we appreciate - can we start to have some good now - Only one tanty before bed tonight I wonder if that counts as the start of less hard LOL
An EDM layout - of one of my favourite wedding photos - we were struggling to get that shot -and too busy laughing to do the kissing shot - I think you can tell - all Richard could see was straight down the front of my dress .
and you know its only after 13 years of marriage that you can have the following conversation .
hey Ngaires tagged me on her blog - I hate those things i never know what to write says me
whats the tag ? asks he
6 weird things about me... theres nothing weird about me Im conservative normal I say
Oh no you' re not he says.
I'll write the list he says.
Oh I say.
So courtesy of my just married 13 years ago husband
1. I love to drink tea but won't make it myself - I say it tastes better if someone makes it for me - Coffee however I will make myself ( yes that is true LOL)
2. I only need 4 hrs sleep a night ( I dont know if that is true - I only get 4 hrs a night - even if I'm in bed I lie awake )
3. I always leave two crusts on plate when I eat a sandwich ( really? I had no idea I did this - I'm going to watch from now on )
4. I'm an IT enigma - can write and manage a site - learn new software as fast as anything but can I run spybot? Do I even know where my virus protection is at - what about my backup - Hows that going ? ( yeah Its true and others say it too so must be really true LOL - and I do get someone else to do that stuff for me - leaves me cold NO idea )
5. You can count the number of times you have put petrol in your car in your life on one hand ( so true I don't do petrol well- He fills the tank for me every week and if its empty I dont go out )
6. You can remember minute details about papers and manufacturers and orders and can recite stuff in your sleep - but can u remember to turn off the iron ? bring the clothes in ? or do you know where the vacum cleaner lives? ( Now he's just getting petty but yep all true - I leave the iron on so much that we have to buy one that turns off automatically - I NEVER remember to bring the clothes in - NEVER - he rings to remind me I have forgotten by the time I put the phone down - wiped from my memory and the vaccum cleaner -well yeah no idea - I think its in the garage somewhere )
SO thats it 6 wierd things abotu me - and now I tag Suz Trac Rachel Charmane and Nic :)
And finally - I want to send out a reminder and its not something I normally do - tonight I received a call from a colleague about another colleague. It's a shock a huge shock - She is a good person. She's worked solidly the last 5 or 6 years focusing on getting a promotion - and worked hard and she has had disappointments and you know she just got appointed - She was starting at her new school today - She's not -she is in hospital in a coma - brain aneurysm happened quickly she had no idea. 40% chance of recovery. Our prayers and thoughts are with her family and for her fast recovery.
Life is short and precious - if you're not happy - go be happy - get happy do what it takes .
Many of us spend our times wishing for things we could have if we didn't spend half our time wishing - Alexander Woolcott
Long post - good on ya if ur still with me!